The Black-Eyed Susan, an authentic paddlewheel driven riverboat, was built in Greenville, Mississippi.
The Black-Eyed Susan was built, in 1986, at the Superior Shipyard in Greenville, Mississippi for Cape Fear Riverboats, on the Cape Fear River in Wilmington, North Carolina. She was named and christened as the Henrietta II. She cruised the Cape Fear River until 2000, when She was brought to Baltimore and renamed The Black-Eyed Susan, after Maryland’s official state flower. She replaced the Harbor Belle, a 65’ sidewheeler, which prominently featured the Black-Eyed Susan flower logo. The Harbor Belle cruised Baltimore’s harbors from 1994 thru 1999.
In December of 2003, The Black-Eyed Susan headed south out of Baltimore, and cruised along the Atlantic Ocean thru the inter-coastal waterway, to Florida and the Gulf of Mexico to Freeport Shipbuilders in the town of Freeport on the panhandle of Florida, near Panama City. She was to be lengthened, by literally cutting Her in half. The shipyard inserted a new 24’ midsection, extending the overall length of The Black-Eyed Susan from 87’ to 111.5’, becoming the most spacious, 149 passenger dinner boat navigating Baltimore’s world renowned Inner and Outer Harbors.
She undoubtedly offers the finest in dining on the water, reminiscent of the early era of luxurious riverboat cruises. Since the year 2000-2016, this beautiful and exclusive charter boat has enhanced the attraction of Baltimore’s skyline, and provided a warm and outstanding venue for private and corporate entertaining.
Today she sails the Chesapeake from the historic Havre de Grace Marine Center!
The Black-Eyed Susan will be an outstanding setting for the special event or occasion that you are planning. Please call our office for any additional information. Our marketing consultants can customize a package to meet your special requirements. We extend to you an invitation to “step aboard” and experience all we have to offer.
The Black-Eyed Susan : At A Glance
- U.S. Coast Guard certified for up to 149 passengers in addition to 20 crew members & support staff.
- The Black-Eyed Susan is 111.5 feet long and 28 feet wide, offering guests a beautiful Victorian style setting on the main deck.
- Fully climatized Main Salon featuring a hand-rubbed oak bar
- Canopied upper deck with fold down clear Lexan sides to protect against inclement weather and heated in the colder months
- Complete restrooms on both our main and upper decks.
- Largest passenger vessel of it’s class cruising Havre de Grace, Maryland
- Handicap accessible on Main Deck
- State of the art audio system
- Available for cruises 7 days a week
- Southern Hospitality in an elegant and inviting atmosphere
- Food Service provided by Laurrapin Grille Catering
- Ideal for weddings, rehearsal dinners, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, proms, banquets, corporate functions and crab feasts